Here we are on the eve of another Thanksgiving but before you carve into that Turkey and stuffing, let me hit you with these Midweek Thoughts.
1. A Lego Strip Club: The Citizen Brick Center has created Foxy Blox, a strip club out of Legos. I’m sure that Lego wouldn’t do that but the creativity is there. If you would like it, pony up $275.
2. Alfonso Ribeiro Overcomes Injuries To Win Dancing With The Stars: The former Fresh Prince of Bel Air star nabbed the trophy for Season 19 of Dancing With The Stars. And just for kicks, he hit the Carlton one last time.
3. Redskins Benching RGIII In Favor Of Colt McCoy: The quarterback controversy continues in the nation’s capitol as Redskins head coach Jay Gruden pulls RGIII as the team’s starter. I can imagine once Griffin’s rookie contract is up, he’ll head for greater pastures.
4. Game Receives “Humanitarian Of The Year” Award: The Associates for Breast and Prostate Cancer Studios (ABCs) presented the Compton, California rapper with the award for his charitable work through his organization, The Robin Hood Project. It’s great that a rapper is being noted for doing something positive for a change.
5. Seattle Seahawks Players Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin Mocks NFL Rules: In an effort to stand up for teammate Marshawn Lynch for receiving a $100k fine for not talking to the media, Sherman and Baldwin did a skit where they mocked the NFL rules. It was too funny.