Beavis and Butthead are back.
Pop Up Video has return.
Just got word that ‘In Living Color’ will be returning in ’12 for a test run. It got me to thinking what other shows that I would enjoy seeing back on television and I complied a small list for your reading pleasure:
1. Music Video Shows – Growing up we had a local video show called V-TV for the defunct radio station V-103. But if you had cable, we had Video Soul, Video Vibrations, Rap City, etc. Today’s ‘music channels’ have gotten away from the music concept and focused on crappy reality shows leaving the only video stations on MTV Jams, VH1 Soul and the internet. I mean I wouldn’t be mad if they brought back annoying ass Cita’s World.
2. Saturday Morning Cartoons – There wasn’t a Saturday Morning where I wasn’t up watching The Comic Strip (I think I’m the only one who remembers that.), Muppet Babies, Garfield & Friends, etc. Now Saturday Mornings suck majorly. All you see now are infomercials and talk shows. Depressing.
3. Funny Sitcoms starring African-Americans – I can still watch Sanford & Son, The Jeffersons, Good Times, Fresh Prince and Martin all without cringing at the stereotypes that are presented on The Game and Love That Girl. But maybe that’s Hollywood’s fault. *shrugs*
4. Teen Forum Discussion shows – BET had Teen Summit that used to air every Saturday until the plugged was pulled in ’03. Today’s teens need an influence that’s not YMCMB inspired.
5. Original ideas – Can’t stress this enough since it seems as if ’11 was the year of the remakes. I know that there’s some fresh new projects in Hollyweird that would be worth the price of admission. Give them the green light, no John Legend.