“Accordingly, effective immediately, I am banning Mr. Sterling for life from any association with the Clippers organization or the NBA. Mr. Sterling may not attend any NBA games or practices. He may not be present at any Clippers facility, and he may not participate in any business or player personnel decisions involving the team.” – NBA Commissioner Adam Silver
Well Adam Silver just took over the NBA Commissioner’s job in February and made his first major decision of his tenure. Donald Sterling and his views are outta here. It’s not going to be an easy exit but I’m sure that it will get done. Now I was going to recap and other blah blah… but I got another idea. What songs could be used to describe this whole ordeal?
1. K-Camp – Cut Her Off (feat. 2 Chainz): This could go either way: Adam Silver telling Donald Sterling that his views aren’t wanted around these parts or Sterling telling V. Stiviano he was breaking up with her. Either way, the hammer was dropped.
2. The Diplomats – I Really Mean It: Adam Silver letting you all know that it’s not a game. Three months in, murked Donald Sterling.
3. Ray Charles – Hit the Road Jack: I mean… Donald Sterling’s gone… 4 LIFE!
4. Lil Wayne – Respect Us (feat. Juvenile): Must respect your employees or face the consequences.
5. Ideal – Get Gone: I doubt that Rochelle Sterling will be telling Donald to get gone but Silver did.
6. Jermaine Dupri – Money Ain’t A Thang (feat. Jay-Z): What’s $2.5 million to a scumbag? Probably nothing. But Sterling may stand to gain funds in this soon to be loss of his franchise.
7. Stacy Lattisaw – Where Do We Go From Here (feat. Johnny Gill): What does the future hold for the Clippers franchise in the wake of this decision? Does Doc Rivers stay? Will this hamper future free agents from coming to the Clippers?
Well that’s all I have. Lessons should have been learned today people.