It’s another Wednesday… Which means another five thoughts from yours truly.
1. Desean Jackson Signs Three Year Deal With Washington: Talking about keeping it in the conference, Desean Jackson inked a $24 million dollar deal ($16 million guaranteed) down in D.C. today. Does this make the ‘Skins a threat in the NFC? If things work out the way they’re supposed to, they will be.
2. Lady Terps Head To Final Four In Nashville: In what may be the last hurrah for Maryland in any ACC sport, the Lady Terrapins head to Nashville for the NCAA Women’s Final Four to take on Notre Dame, who is the #1 seed. In the other contest, Stanford takes on UConn. Would be a great way to leave the ACC if the Lady Terps could walk away with the National Title.
3. Drake Drops “Draft Day”: Drake’s new record name drops some heavy hitters (Johnny Manziel and Jennifer Lawrence) while taking some shots at others. (“You should’ve followed all my moves, you won’t realize ’til after/And if I left shit to chance I would’ve picked a name like Chance the Rapper
No offense cause I don’t know that nigga/I’m focused on makin’ records and gettin’ bigger/Just hits, no misses, that’s for the married folk/Tell ’em fix my suite up cause I’m comin’ home/I heard they talkin’ crazy, I was out of town/You know they love to pop all that shit when I’m not around”) We’ll notice who catches feelings when you see the blog posts about Chance’s response to the line. Weird use of Lauryn Hill’s “Doo Wop (That Thing)”.
4. Tiger Woods To Miss 2014 Masters: Here’s to hoping Tiger has a speedy recovery from back surgery on a pinch nerve which will force him to miss this year’s Masters. This will be the first Masters that he’s missed since 1994.
5. Wrestlemania XXX: The annual WWE event will be live in this Sunday in New Orleans. You never know what to expect from Wrestlemania and I’m sure this year it won’t be any different.
P.S. Don’t mind the Yung Joc gif. But you know that dance did go though.