Not 1. Not 2. Not 3. Not… Okay you get the picture. John Cena won his 15th World/WWE Heavyweight Championship last night at the Money In The Bank Pay Per View. In Boston. His home crowd. Am I happy about it?
Anyway, let me talk about the PPV in itself.
1. WWE Tag Team Championship: The Usos (c) vs Luke Harper & Erick Rowan (The Wyatt Family): Fairly good match here with lots of near falls. I figured that the Usos wouldn’t drop the titles here. Maybe Summer Slam, who knows?
– Great promo from Dean Ambrose during this segment.
2. WWE Diva’s Championship: Paige (c) vs Naomi: I knew that Paige wouldn’t drop the title here but I expected Cameron to interfere in some way. The way she was consoling Naomi at the end, seems like a part of the booking went in the opposite direction.
Damien Paul Revere vs Adam Rose: I’m going to need creative to find a feud for Adam Rose and QUICKLY!! Damien Sandow comes out as Paul Revere and runs down on Boston. Rose gets the win. Quotable: “THE ELBOW IS COMING! THE ELBOW IS COMING!” – Paul Revere (Damien Sandow)
4. Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins vs Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger vs RVD vs Kofi Kingston: With the participants listed, I knew this would be the best of both ladder matches. Great spots included: Ambrose knocking Kofi Kingston off the ladder who springboards into a splash on Ziggler, Swagger and RVD. Ambrose superplexing Rollins off the top of a ladder. (HOLY SHIT MOMENT!!!) Kofi hitting a backbody drop on Rollins and he bounced along with the ladder. Ambrose had injured his shoulder during the match but came back out. He almost got the briefcase until Kane came out and fucked up the party. Kane holds the ladder for Seth Rollins who captures the briefcase. Once again, the ‘E robs me of seeing Kofi grab that brass ring.
5. Dust Bros vs Rybaxel: Pretty decent match with Stardust getting the roll up pin on Ryback. Stardust is slowly getting over with the Universe.
6. Rusev vs Big E: Another quick match with Rusev picking up the victory over Big E. (What else is new?) Hopefully Big E switches to that Pastor gimmick.
– The Bellas are backstage and Stephanie interrupts to have words with Brie. Brie said that she was at the PPV to show Nikki her favorite new video which happened to be when Vickie tossed Stephanie into whatever goo that was. Stephanie then has Brie removed by security.
7. Summer Rae vs Layla: Special Guest Referee Fandango: This should have been on the pre-show. Just a terrible, terrible match. But any Layla screen time is worth the thirst.
8. WWE World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match: John Cena vs Bray Wyatt vs Cesaro vs Sheamus vs Randy Orton vs Roman Reigns vs Alberto Del Rio vs Kane: So this is the main event. We’ve been building up to this moment for weeks. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are at ringside. Wasn’t expecting too many spots because of the competitors involved but it was some heavy hitting action. The ending came where Kane was attempting to help out Randy Orton as he did for Seth Rollins in the previous MITB ladder match. Super Cena took Kane out of the equation then did to same to Orton. Then Cena climbed the ladder and retrieved both belts to began his reign as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
Overall, the Money In The Bank Pay Per View delivered a fairly decent event. Predictable results but for once, it would be exciting if the WWE would surprise us that watch their product faithfully.