With 2015 preparing to rise in a few hours here in the U.S., I want to take time to mention 14 things that should be left in 2014. This is me having fun with this but I’m serious about a few. But enough of this, let’s get on with the list.
14. Twitter Beefs: This past week, a squabble between two Twitter users turned into unnecessary news. So for the sake of those living in Temecula, CA and others worldwide, leave Twitter beefs in 2014. If you have beef, call a person up the old the fashioned way and hash it out. Or if you must travel to confront them, don’t live tweet it.
13. Racist Trolls: With racial tensions rising over the second half of the year, racist trolls have been hitting the hashtags starting trouble. And it seems as if they pop out of nowhere. For example, there was one I saw a few of my followers arguing with and prior to his tweets today, the last time he tweeted was 3 days ago. Crazy shit people.
12. No Accountability For Police: With the killers of Mike Brown, John Crawford, Eric Garner and countless others walking free on this earth, the accountability of their actions need to be taken more seriously. As in, they should be in jail.
11. Asking About Black On Black Crime: This was suggested by the homie @SoloChills. It seems as if #BlackLivesMatter is being taken as a joke to most. They always want to point out black on black crimes while ignoring what these protests/rallies/die-in’s are really about. We’re asking for justice for those black people that had their lives unlawfully taken from them. But they’re too stupid to see that.
10. Bad Reporting: Don Lemon, Rosemary Church (remember her?) and others that gave us trash stories/reporting this past year, LEAVE THEM HERE!!!!
9. Silly Phrases: ‘On Fleek’, “Blah Blah Blah on *insert day of the week here*, etc. Don’t need to drag them across into the new year.
8. PWI’s vs. HBCU’s: The main point here is: YOU’RE RECEIVING A COLLEGE EDUCATION!!!! MAKE THE MOST OF THAT EXPERIENCE!!! No arguing in ’15 if Clark Atlanta or USG is the best school. Just go and get the higher learning.
7. Screenshots: We don’t care what chick DM’d you or what dude you curved. We don’t care to see text messages about someone talking trash about someone else. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP SCREENSHOTTING YOUR TWEETS/FACEBOOK STATUSES AND POSTING THEM ON INSTAGRAM!!! NO ONE CARES ABOUT HOW FAKE DEEP YOU ARE!
6. $200 Dates: Too busy worrying about the price of money spent instead of the time spent with the person that you’re dating. Shows where your head is at.
5. Shmoney Dance/Bobby Shmurda: Nerd Boo submitted this: Ol’ hot ashy lipped nigga.
4. Donna Goudeau: Again submitted by Nerd Boo: She’s locked up and “legally blind”, so she ain’t seeing 2015 anyway.
3. Street Harassment: It’s simple: If she isn’t interested, leave her alone. Learn to take no for an answer.
2. Young Thug/Iggy Azalea/Azaealia Banks: Trash them.
1. Hating: It’s not a good look on any of you. But whatever, don’t bring those negative thoughts, feelings, etc into the new year.